Mortar Trap™ is manufactured from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) strands woven into a 90% open mesh. Its unique shape breaks up mortar droppings and prohibits mortar from creating a moisture retaining barrier, allowing water to flow freely to the weep holes.
- 90% open mesh construction allows unobstructed passage of air & water through the material itself so walls breathe, drain & dry quicker.
- Will not react with common building products (PVC, polystyrene, copper, rubberized-asphalt, lead, stainless steel or galvanized metal).
- Will not: absorb or trap moisture, support mold or fungus, and is inedible to insects.
- Will not degrade as a result of temperature variations and is designed to last for the life of the building.
- Keeps weep holes open - catches and permanently suspends mortardroppings so blockage can't occur.
- Fast, easy installation by masons - does not require fasteners or adhesives, no special skills or tools.
- Slightly compressible to allow for cavity variations in the field.
- 10" high x 4' long
- THICKNESS: 2"
NOTE: When Mortar Trap™ is used with the Quadro-Vent™ Weep Hole additional insect screening is not required.